Contribute to the Implementation of the Canadian Armed Forces People Strategy!by : Webmaster
Recruitment and retention are the first priority challenges for the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) according to Wayne Eyre, the Chief of the Defence Staff. In his words, “we need a whole-of-society effort” as the organization evolves its operations to respond to massive changes in the global security environment.
The CAF are focused on improving the experience of members throughout their career, and have solicited the assistance of Archipelago of Design (AOD) to gather feedback from diverse participants across Canada on a renewed vision of the CAF journey. In the coming weeks, AOD will be hosting short, interactive, virtual workshops focused on key milestones in the journey of becoming a member and building a career with the Canadian Armed Forces.
This is a unique opportunity to:
- support our AOD Ambassador MGen. Simon Bernard in addressing a complex challenge that affects us and our community
- influence the evolution of the Canadian Armed Forces in the next decade and beyond
- apply design methods in a concrete application and contribute to a better understanding of what it will mean to be a member in the future CAF journey
Please see the workshop descriptions below and register to take part. Ideally you have previous work experience in a national security organization, and remote/field setting.
- Workshop 1 – Tue Nov 15 @ 1 – 3 pm ET – via Zoom
- Training and Development in the Canadian Armed Forces
- Workshop 2 – Thu Nov 24 @ 1 – 3 pm ET – via Zoom
- Recruiting a capable and diverse workforce to the Canadian Armed Forces
Contact CAFworkshop@aodnetwork.ca for additional info.
Workshop 1 – Training and Development in the Canadian Armed Forces
Date: Tue Nov 15 @ 1 – 3 pm ET – via Zoom (link will be sent to registered participants)
The CAF are working to:
- Facilitate lifelong learning for members including remote and deployed members
- Evolve training processes to be more inclusive and accommodating
- Make training accessible faster for members throughout their career
In this workshop we will:
- Review the current training journey of CAF members and propose ideas to enhance the member experience for in-demand occupations; learning in remote settings etc.
- Explore new ways of using technology to scale and broaden access to training offerings
- Seek feedback on potential training barriers that can be addressed to make training more inclusive
Workshop 2 – Recruiting a capable and diverse workforce to the Canadian Armed Forces
Date: Thu Nov 24 @ 1 – 3 pm ET – via Zoom
The CAF are working to:
- Actively recruit an increasingly diverse workforce that represents Canadian society, using rigorous selection tools
- Offer an efficient and user-friendly recruitment process
- Deliver realistic job previews so recruits know what to expect when they join the CAF
In the workshop we will:
- Review the current recruitment journey to become a CAF member, and propose ideas to enhance the member experience for in-demand occupations
- Explore new ways to reach out to underrepresented groups who can join the Canadian Armed Forces
- Seek feedback on current recruitment communications to assess sources of interest, clarity, inclusion, etc.